Writing, Movies, Geekdom, more Writing

I’m just going to pretend it’s Monday. Yay! Happy Monday!
I should really stop expecting myself to blog every day.

I did my best to be exciting this week. Saturday at 9 o’ clock (p.m., of course – nothing but sleep happens at 9 a.m.) my friend Angel asked me to go to a carnival with her. Usually, I don’t do anything on Saturdays, but I hadn’t seen Angel in forever, so I went. We rode a “rollercoaster” that was just a big loop, and it would spin you around and around and around, and then stop you, hanging up-side-down. The entire time, Angel was screaming: “I don’t want to die! I don’t want to die!” It was kind of hilarious. What was less hilarious is that I got really sick, having eaten nothing but nachos for dinner (not my brightest move, but I hadn’t known I was going to a carnival – it was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing). We also ran into Brek (well, technically, Brek ran into me – it hurt), my old pirate crew’s navigator. It was great to see her – made me miss sixth grade.

On Sunday we went to my grandma’s, where I got my fellow-Whovian cousin addicted to DDO (just one more step in making him as much of a geek as I am!). I am officially calling him “Drkbeast,” which is his screen name, mostly because I think it’s funny. Drkbeast, my uncle, and I played DDO a ton while I was there – it was awesome! I LOVE that game ^_^ My name’s Karrinia, and I play in Argonessen – you should join me sometime ^_^

One of the nights, we all met up to go to a movie. Everyone else went to Despicable Me, but Ta, Né, and I went to Inception. It was brilliant – though the ambiguous ending kind of bothers me. In my mind, there was only one way it could end... Well, only one way it should end. The annoying thing is, I can see it both ways, and I tend to lean towards the one I don’t like. I just realized that this is all very cryptic if you haven’t seen Inception. I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that it was great high-action (lots of explosions, my favorite ^_^), and a dizzying story that keeps you thinking 'till the end (and long after you've left the theater). I would highly recommend it – indeed, I want to see it again.

Wow – Sunday is August! Seriously, where has all the time gone? It’s ridiculous! Heh... I was thinking the other day about all my past First Days of School. This one’s going to be interesting. I plan on writing all day without talking to anyone. Maybe I’ll stay in my pyjamas, or maybe I’ll go out to lunch at two in the afternoon. I really do think I’ll spend the day writing, though, I have A LOT of writing to do this August.
SOLAB!A is doing our own version of NaNoWriMo, I’m calling it SoNoWriMo. 50,000 words in August – since they’ll all be in school in November. I have a very, VERY vague idea about my story... something to do with a locket, a key, a magic portal, and a dude who’s stranded on a barren island. Maybe. I went through my giant box of ideas yesterday, but I’m still not sure what I’m going to write. Ah well – that’s why I’m a Discovery writer.

Kendra and I are coming up with a story together. I am WAY excited. There is a band of female thieves – led by a one-handed thief named Tatiana (one-handed because she got caught. Once.) They have captured the crown prince, but they don’t know it, they just think he’s some rich guy. The prince (named Collin, but going by Kevin), is having a bad week all together. Before he was captured, he and his family were chased from the castle, and now, for all he knows, the rest of his family could be dead. And he’s learning that none of the people would care, since his parents were pretty rubbish as leaders. There’s also this ♥AWESOME♥ thief named ♥Bertram♥ bopping around, pestering them when the mood strikes, but we don’t know a lot about him yet. We just kind of love him.
Ugh, I hate having to wait until I can see Kendra to work on our stories. It is very frustrating. Forget flying cars, we need to figure out teleports!
Psych is back! I feel like every episode this season has been better than the one before it -- and the last episode made me happy. "I still have Jif in my ear." ^_^ I'm really glad it's back, I had almost given up on it. I did NOT spot the pineapple, but I never do. Oh, and Lassy's happy dance was BRILLIANT ^_^

Anyway, I’m off to try to come up with something brilliant for SoNoWriMo! Cheerio!

With love and lots of chocolate,
The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop
They went to sleep under the stars, which the math teachers would count, the astronomy teachers would measure, and the Literature teachers would name. The geography teachers got lost in the woods and fell into bear traps.

0 Brilliant Ideas:

Followers

Powered by Blogger.