Hey, where's Perry?


I'm going to skip the bit where I pretend to apologize for not logging in a billion years but just end up justifying my actions. You all know I'm a failure, I don't have to pretend otherwise.

I've had a pretty nonproductive couple of days... few weeks... ok, summer. But it's been nice. I'm trying to get myself to be ok with doing nothing. Then perhaps my stress levels will go down and I will actually WANT to do something. Yes. Behold my clever plan.

Started another book. I was working on Vandagriff Stones, but I got bored. Bored does NOT equal good writing. So I'm writing this one, because it's fun. There's this awesome witch who was betrayed and trapped in a castle for 80 years, and when she escapes she is intent on getting revenge... with help from a personified version of Death, a group of thieves, a band of pirates, a bounty-hunter fairy, and some talking frog that I haven't actually introduced yet. Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

On Saturday, I went to see Sorcerer's Apprentice. It was highly entertaining -- I LOVE Nicholas Cage, he makes me happy, and I was impressed with his character. The MC was a bit too much of a nerd (versus being a geek, which is awesome), but I still liked him. My biggest problem with the whole movie was that the villain used to be a goodguy, but he betrayed them because he was in love with this chick and she chose the other guy. I mean, c'mon! Can't we think of anything more original? AND there was this whole epic build-up about how evil and scary the main villain was, and then she was defeated by a sissy apprentice in the course of a three-minute duel. Really? She defeated Merlin, but a 20 year old kid kills her with "a bit of science"?
Sorry -- I'm such a writer when I critique. I did still totally LOVE the movie -- except the dog. Dogs just shouldn't be allowed.

I've been thinking (♫"A dangerous pass-time." "I know."♪♫) what the literary world needs more of us high-action fantasy. Sorcerer's guilds and quests and all those seemingly-cliché things that we really don't see enough of. The problem is: I can't write what I most love. I don't know why. I can't seem to get passed interplanetary travel and rebellion groups (I do love a good rebellion). I suppose I will keep working towards the perfect fantasy -- it's what I'm trying for NaNoWriMo.
(I do recommend Gail Carson Levine's The Two Princesses of Bamarre -- that's the sort of thing.)

Doctor Who Season 5 finale was BRILLIANT! Fantastic! Molto bene! Fezzes are cool. Omigoodness, I love this show! Season 6 premiere isn't until December :( Luckily, I have Leverage to carry me until then. "I'm having these weird, weird feelings for... pretzels." I love Parker ^_^ And Nate and Sophie are just being all sorts of good fun this season. "Are we ever going to talk about that kiss?" "Kiss? I don't remember a kiss. I remember a slap. You're still working off the slap." And tonight's episode was just brilliant! I was glad to get a good Elliot episode. This season's been pretty awesome -- what with the group being blackmailed and Sophie refusing to tell us her real name (ok, that's getting pretty frustrating). Good times ^_^

I'm going to be really exciting this week, so I have something epic to write about next week. Until then:

GERONIMO!!!
~The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop~
RIVER: I have questions, the first being: What in the name of sanity do you have on your head?
DOCTOR: It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.
Oh, there you are Perry.

1 Brilliant Ideas:

Candice said...

ooh, I am happy to have another Gail Carson Levine referral!

Sometimes just relaxing is the ticket for summer. Don't feel guilty!

Love & miss ya!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.