Writing



It's Thursday. That's random.

Anyways ~ hello! I know I haven't been on since April, but I did warn you that I'm pretty much a failure at keeping any form of schedule.

Lately, I've been doing a lot of fake-writing. You know, working on random silly things to keep from actually having to work on anything productive. Though, working on character sheets for Tyler Jennings has proved rather beneficial to my Life's Work (The Vandagriff Stones, I've been working on this one for, count them, TWELVE years.)

Other than Tyler, I've been working on some other character sheets, some random writing prompts, and a text-based computer game. I'm actually really excited about the latter. My dad's going to help me program it, and it's going to be wicked. Some day, when I have it finished, I'll post the link here and you can all check it out! Yay!

As for ME...

We figured out why I was sick all the time! I won't go into details, 'cause it's kind of weird and I only really understand about a tenth of what they were saying, but, basically, if I take the pills they gave me, I'll feel better! Yay!!! I'm still a bit sick right now -- but I'm only on one of the pills, so it's to be expected (I hope).

Otherwise, there hasn't been much going on. I tried to get a certain guy to ask me to his school's prom, but I failed, so... so much for that. Yeah. I'm trying to teach Lime Green, Canada, and C. Bai to play Risk -- which has been... interesting. Let's just say: I took over the world. It was kind of sad. We're going to have to try again. Maybe they'll listen to my advice this time.

I'm reading Jonothan Stroud's Bartimaeus Trilogy. I'm almost done with the first one. It's pretty fun -- very Brittish, and the main character's a djinni, so how can you go wrong? Speaking of: I need to finish The Children of the Lamp series. I love those books, but I've been reading about one a year, sometimes less frequent than that.
I also need to reread Dandelion Wine. It's that time of year: SUMMER! Sweet. And Leverage is back June 20th! I LOVE that show! It's pretty amazing. Con artists, explosions, gun-fights, how can you go wrong?
I think Canada, C-Bai, and I need to have a "Con Marathon" and watch The Sting, The Italian Job, and an episode or six of Leverage (we might also watch Oceans 11, but I've never seen that and don't know if it's any good).
I HAVE SEASON 5 OF DOCTOR WHO!!!! Not all of it, of course, but I've watched episodes 1-3, and I have 4 & 5. Thanks to my awesome dad ☺ Matt Smith is pretty awesome (of course, I miss Tennant, but that was only to be expected). I also really like the new companion -- Amelia Pond. She's Scottish. She's awesome ☺

Wow. I'd managed, with this blog, to only post things that are generally on topic and well-thought-out. Guess I had to break the pattern eventually. Don't worry, in another month or so maybe I'll post something clever (but don't count on it). I'll try to post some writing tomorrow. ♥

~The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop~
Box falls from sky.
Man falls from box.
Man eats fish custard.

3 Brilliant Ideas:

Candice said...

Hooray for a post! I'm not sure how I feel about fish custard, but I do like The Sting. :)

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

Fish custard = ♥

K'neth S. said...

wow, what a blog full! I love reading your writing Kat!e, even if it is just babbling nonsense of the teenage mind! but then again, you are no average teenager! you are Kat!e Larson! I really want to read this book you've been working on for 12 years! you must let me read it some time or another! i know a book that you will really like. It is called the Children of the Promise. It is the story of an LDS family in Utah druring WWII. you should try it some time. I also look forward to your next post!!!!!!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.