Life

Time passes more slowly than we can keep track of. Perhaps I could keep track of it better if I blogged more frequently, but I guess we'll never know.

A lot has happened since last time I posted. I have been out of school, which has been positively brilliant. I honestly cannot express how amazing it is. Not being pulled down by the confines of public education, I finally feel as though my life is my own.
Mind, all good things must come to an end -- but hopefully even as I begin classes at the start of this next year, I will be able to maintain that sense of control. It's been great -- I've started making "Lists of Things to do Today" and realized that -- even when the list says "clean room" or "exercise for 30 minutes" -- they are things I want to do, not things I have to do. I don't have to do anything.

It is completely beyond my comprehension that, within the next couple of months, I will be starting college. Taking the first of the GED tests made it all really hit me. Talk about time moving quickly! it's going past like the scenery out the window of an express train, and no way of stopping it. Not that I want to stop it -- are you kidding? I meant it when I said my life finally feels like my own. Things are just getting started: I'm working on my novel with the intent to publish, my podcast is just getting to its feet and taking its first hesitant steps, and I'm about to embark on a slightly crazy business venture. Best of all: For the first time in seven years, I feel well. I have energy, enthusiasm, and I actually want to get out of bed (well, not until eleven, but it's still an improvement.) Right now, actually, I'm sick -- but I still feel better than I have since I was ten.

So, life is going well -- things are still a bit rocky, but we're headed in the right direction.

The best of it: NaNoWriMo is in SIX days! Oh! video time!

I'm SO excited! My characters are completely bonkers -- and they're soon going to make me the same way. All I have is Lord Algernon ("Algie") of Carinon, who is a bit stiff, but totally loveable, and Verena, who is (I think) a con-artist, whose name means "truth" (the irony of that made me laugh). Oh, and, this morning, I met Algie's best friend, Chadwick, who is a knight and a total flirt. I don't know much else about him yet. Speaking of total flirts, Verena's been hitting on some guy from the NaNo Forums -- I think they've got a date. I love having my Imaginary Friends talk with other people's Imaginary Friends! Anyway, this November should be quite the adventure.

As for my novel I'm supposed to be getting ready for publishing... sigh. It's going -- just REALLY slowly. I did a couple read-throughs, as well as some character sheets for ONE character. Now I'm working on Randolph Harris -- which is proving difficult, since he's supposed to be a total jerk, but he's positively sweet to me. I just don't know what to do with him. Despite these difficulties, I am enjoying editing -- though I will definitely appreciate the NaNo break.

This week, I have a Halloween party in Young Women's, which should be interesting, since I'm supposed to be in charge and I have no idea what's going on. I do know we are going to have a costume contest, and my costume is AMAZING!

Wednesday, I'm taking the Science and History portions of the GED. I'm not too stressed, since the English ones were ridiculously easy... but English is my subject. Ok, I'm a little stressed.

SOLAB!A is doing a Halloween party on Friday ... another Halloween party I've planned and know nothing about. Huh. I wonder how the other members would feel about participating in my annual reading of Macbeth....

Speaking of Macbeth: rehearsals are crazy, but it's great to be involved in Drama again. Last Saturday, all the Macbeths and Lady Macs met up to discuss characters and practice our scenes. It was a ton of fun -- and kind of hilarious. 4 out of 5 of the Macbeths were sick, and I'm pretty sure we got the other one sick as well. We've got rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday, and all day Saturday. I actually love Saturday rehearsals -- but we're supposed to be celebrating Halloween! Oh well -- I suppose reading through The Scottish Play is as good a' celebration of All Hallow's Eve as any.

Happy Halloween!

Yours Sincerely,

Lady Macbeth

Fair is foul and foul is fair

Hover through the fog and filthy air.

2 Brilliant Ideas:

Unknown said...

yeah!! I am SO happy that you are happy!!! happy happy joy joy!! isn't it great having a purpose in life? doing what you love doing? having control? I am so glad you are feeling better!!!!

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

Haha, yay! ^_^

Followers

Powered by Blogger.