♫♪My wish is your command♪♫

I'm loving spending all day writing -- it's been brilliant. I woke up at 11 this morning, and have done nothing but write and go for walks since (well, I did watch an episode of Sonny with a Chance during lunch...) It's been great! I thought I would take a break out of writing for a sec, to post the prompt I answered this morning.






Prompt: Your wish becomes somebody's command.

It began ever-so-innocently. My every-day morning routine had brought me into the gas station on the corner by my house. However, I had forgotten my wallet, and only had enough cash in my pocket for a cup of hot chocolate.
Sighing, I stood in front of the donut display case and spoke absently to myself: "I wish I had a donut."
A voice came from just behind me, deep and masculine, saying: "Your wish is my command."
I turned to see a man with dark hair and very dark eyes. There was a solemn experssion on his face, but this did not detract from his extremely good looks.
With a flirtatious smile, I asked: "Did you say something?"
Instead of responding, he took a chocolate-iced donut from the cabinet, brought it to the check-out counter, purchased it, and gave it to me. I could not believe my good fortune.
"Thank you so much," I smiled.
"Your wish is my command," he repeated.
"Well, I wish I had more time to stay and talk to you, but I have to get-" I stopped, mid-sentance, as teh people around me froze. The door had stopped half-way through its swing, and the bell above had stopped in the middle of its chime. People stood in scattered positions of action, talking and choosing items, now motionless. Even the cars outside had ceased their movement.
"What just happened?" I finally asked.
The attractive man who had bought me my donut replied, "You wished for more time."
"But, I- but, you-"
"I gaev you all the time you want by stopping ti for everyone else. Your wish is my command."
As he spoke, his voice was the only sound -- the only sound in the entire world. The creepiness of this cannot be propperly expressed.
"Well, I wish time would start again. This is cree-"
The door swung closed, the bell finished its chime, people went about their daily business, and cars sped past outside.
"I have to get to work."
I darted out the door and into my car, terrified and confused.
Perhaps it was my reckless driving, but I was not yet halfway to work when my tire blew. I pulled to the side of the road and stopped the car, banging my head against the stearing will.
"Ugh," I said, "I wish I had a spare."
A car pulled off the side of teh road and parked behind me. I couldn't believe that someone had actually pulled over, until the man from the gas station got out of teh beat-up car behind me.
I got out of my car as well.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"You made a wish," he answered, pulling a spare tire from his trunk, "Your wish is my command. Here you go."
He gave me the tire, then opened the front door of his car.
"Wait!" I cried, "You can't just leave me! I don't know how to change a tire."
"That's rough." He climbed into his car.
"I wish you would help me!" I said quickly, the words out of my mouth before I had thought about them.
I saw him close his eyes, and I suspected he was taking a deep breath. He then climbed out of his car.
"Your wish is my command."

Wishfully,
The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop
"If wishes were fishes we'd all have...."
"Gills?"
Thanks to Monica Wood's The Pocket Muse for the prompt!

0 Brilliant Ideas:

Followers

Powered by Blogger.